maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: Profiles & Filters - sharing common config
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:31:10 GMT
The remote-resources-plugin. This is exactly how we share license
templates across projects. So if you have a web.xml template you want
to be used across many projects I would take a look at  ^^^^^^^^

On 25-Feb-09, at 4:33 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> I have a webapp that can be deployed as one .war (development) or as
> two
> separate .war files (production w/ firewall in between the two).  I
> have 3
> web modules to reflect this.
>
> web-colocated
> web-front
> web-back
>
> The web.xml file for each .war is nearly identical, save the spring
> files
> listed to start up an ApplicationContext in each .war.
>
> How can I share a single web.xml file across all 3, but filter in
> different
> values for the comma-delimited spring file list based on profile?
> Where
> would that master "template" web.xml file live?  Or is there another
> way to
> go about this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Les

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

   -- Jakob Burckhardt