maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Maven 2 inheritance which elements get inherited ?
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:08:21 GMT
Hi kuku,

kukudas wrote at Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2009 13:37:

> Ok so lets say i have a profile in my parent which is not activated. If i
> now call this profile with my child it will work right? I've tried it and
> it seems to work but i'm asking to be sure.

No. If the profile is activated (i.e. by an activate element in the profile
itself) in the child, none of the profile stuff of the parent is used.
Parents are resolved first (incl. profiles). If you activate a profile from
command line the case is different, then the profile activation happens
before any of the POMs are resolved independently from an activate section.

- Jörg