maven-users mailing list archives

From Baptiste MATHUS>
Subject Re: Sharing my Maven repository
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:30:49 GMT
"start uploading artifacts there that are necessary for your projects."
Well, actually no. Only if you want to explicitly validate each artifact you
want to be used or only YOUR artifacts. The rest (public opensource jars...)
will be downloaded by the MRM like a classical web cache server does.

"I've always got away with existing public repositories."
Which is quite acceptable when developing as an individual and just trying
things. But when behind say a continuous integration server, it becomes
dangerous since network problems could directly affect your builds. Having a
mrm will permit your CI to run just fine even if some repo (or the whole
Internet access) becomes temporarily unavailable. And I don't even insist on
performances: downloading locally will obviously run an order of magnitude
faster than accessing public repositories.