maven-users mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <simo...@apache.org>
Subject Artifact getVersion and snapshots
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 13:38:27 GMT
Hi all,
I'm writing a Maven plugin in which I'm using Artifact.getVersion on
dependencies. When applied to a dependency which is a snapshot,
sometimes the returned version is 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT (which is the version
declared both in the dependency in the pom and in the version of the
artifact pom), other times it returns the complete snapshot version,
like 0.0.1-20090107-etcetc . Since I'm generating some files based on
the artifact group, name AND version, this random behavior causes
malfunctions. Is there a way to always retrieve either the generic
"0.0.1-SNAPSHOT" or the "0.0.1-etcetc" version?

Simone

--
Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache Committer
http://www.simonegianni.it/