maven-users mailing list archives

From "John Stoneham" <ly...@lyrically.net>
Subject Re: Launching a stand-alone test program
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 17:20:50 GMT
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Trevor Harmon <trevor@vocaro.com> wrote:
> As for location, I assume I should just put it somewhere in src/test/java,
> but what about invoking it? How would I configure the POM file so that users
> can launch this test program only when needed, on demand, rather than on
> every "mvn test"?

You would probably invoke this using the exec-maven-plugin, and put
the invocation in a profile activated by the presence of a property,
and have users activate it with something like:

mvn clean verify -Drun.my.manual.test.program

Or you could just create an Ant script to run it. :) If you're just
running a standalone program that doesn't really need to interact with
anything that's in the POM or be tied to the Maven lifecycle or
dependencies, no sense trying to couple it into Maven.

- John