maven-users mailing list archives

From Trevor Harmon <tre...@vocaro.com>
Subject Deploying a customized plugin
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:32:26 GMT
There's a plugin I'd like to use, but it has some bugs that prevent me
from doing so. Fortunately, it's an open-source plugin, so I was able
to fix the bugs, but I'm not sure how to make the fixes available to
others on my team. Although I've submitted bug reports, there's no
telling when (or if) the bugs will be fixed upstream.

I assume the best option is to change the version of my bug-fixed
plugin, deploy it to the team's repository, and have the other
developers reference this custom version number rather than the one on
Central. Then, if the same bugs are ever fixed upstream, the
developers can simply reference that version instead, and the one on
the team repository will no longer be used.

Is that the right course of action? If so, is there a convention on
how to choose a version number for this customized plugin? Thanks,

Trevor