maven-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Connolly" <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploying a customized plugin
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 16:22:23 GMT
Take the current version number, e.g. 1.0-SNAPSHOT and replace the -SNAPSHOT
with -yourcompany-1

Thus.... as you work for vocaro....

if the plugin's SCM version that you've modified is 3.5.1-SNAPSHOT, you
would release it as 3.5.1-vocaro-1

I would add that if you intend doing more that 10 such patch releases, start
with 3.5.1-vocaro-01

Also, have a look at how maven specifies version numbers... some plugins
don't understand this and you will have problems with them if they don't
stick to the [major].[minor].[update]-[descriptor or build number]

essentially, you are doing the "vocaro-01" release as opposed to the
"alpha-01" release or the "beta-03" release