maven-users mailing list archives

From CheapLisa <l...@purpleblade.net>
Subject How to run JUnit tests in sub-modules without surefire reference?
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 21:35:18 GMT

I want to run JUnit tests in every module and sub-module (some 5 deep),
but I do not want to put a reference to the surefire plugin
in every pom.xml  in every module and sub-module (some 5 deep).

How do I make this work?

--- More Info

I have a top level pom for all modules and use the <parent> tag in every
module and sub-module
(some 5 deep).

In the top level pom, I have a reference to the surefire plugin,
but this strategy does not seem
to work.

This is what I have:

	dir structure
		<project_root>/pom.xml		<= this is my parent pom

	<project_root>/<module>/<sub_module>/../pom.xml
	In this pom.xml (and in every sub-module pom - some 5 deep) I have:

		<!-- reference to parent-pom in every sub-module - some 5 deep -->
	    <parent>
			<groupId>com.acme</groupId>
			<artifactId>my-parent-pom</artifactId>
			<version>1.0</version>
		</parent>

		and later in the parent pome mentioned above I have the following:

		<plugin>
			<configuration>
				<haltOnFailure>true</haltOnFailure>
				<skip>true</skip>
				<useFile>false</useFile>
			</configuration>
		</plugin>

		I do not want this plugin section in every pom.xml in every sub-module
(some 5 deep)
		How do I do this to make it go?