maven-users mailing list archives

From "Barrie Treloar" <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: working around eclipse artifacts in repo version problems: Couldn't find a version in [1.0.0-v20070606] to match range [1.0.0,2.0.0)
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:35:47 GMT
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:47 AM, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:
> you could change your range to be
>
> [1.0.0-!,2.0.0)
>
> the range you have specified starts with a version without a qualifier.
>
> qualified versions are before versions without a qualifier in Maven version
> ranges...
>
> so 1.0.0-v20070606 < 1.0.0 and therefore outside the range you have
> specified.
>
> The issue with including qualifiers is that now -SNAPSHOT builds can be
> included in the range.

Yeah, its a problem with the Maven <-> Eclipse version transformation.
The version ranges of the org.eclipse.* jars in the maven central repo
are unfortunately defined this way.

> The other option is to exclude all the transitive dependencies and add back
> in the version you want

This is what I have done.
I was wondering if there were alternatives though as this is a painful
process :)

I think I will also look at the code and make changes so that it
informs what in the process caused the over constraining.
At the moment, I can't tell, that information is not available.