maven-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Connolly" <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: emma code coverage problem
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 21:39:34 GMT
I'd remove the

     <plugin>
       <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
       <artifactId>emma-maven-plugin</artifactId>
       <version>1.0-alpha-1</version>
       <inherited>true</inherited>
       <executions>
         <execution>
           <phase>process-classes</phase>
           <goals>
             <goal>instrument</goal>
           </goals>
         </execution>
       </executions>
     </plugin>

as the reporting section will do everything you need.

The instrument goal (afaik) is designed to be invoked to produce a special
build which will produce emma coverage data files when run outside of Maven.

If you did want to record coverage separate from the site (i.e. to fail the
build if coverage < x%), use the emma goal attached after the test phase.
BUT I think you just want it in the reporting section

Can you please file an issue with a link to this thread for us to update the
docs to stop others from falling into the same trap.