maven-users mailing list archives

From "David C. Hicks" <dhi...@i-hicks.org>
Subject Re: Could anyone give me some idea what is the difference bwteen ant and maven?
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 19:40:40 GMT
I would suggest you do a Google search using "ant maven compare" and
choose any one of the myriad links that appear.  Some will be slanted
one way or the other.

Neither Ant nor Maven are "languages" in the traditional sense.  They
could be considered DSL's (domain specific languages) whose purpose is
to configure and execute the building of software and/or related tasks.
That's pretty much where the similarities end, IMO.

Dave