maven-users mailing list archives

From Thor <megat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: no main or test directories created when using webapp archetype?
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 02:00:32 GMT
I agree with Rick, if you have servlets, filters, even actions (struts,
webwork, etc.) i think there is no need to separate the code from your web
module (if your views depends on it). Nevertheless, separating the code from
the views it's a very elegant approach...

If the Eclipse workspace wasn't flat, I think it would be easier and pretty
much straightforward to work with multimodule projects. It can be really
messy if you have, let's say, three or four projects with 4 or five
different modules. But that's just my opinion.
I read somewhere that the Eclipse guys were considering to change it's
workpace structure in future releases...
But like Graham said Eclipse does support multimodule projects (of course
with the help of the maven eclipse plugin!!!)

Regards people...