maven-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: filter module when deploying multi-modules project
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 20:44:52 GMT
On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Zemian Deng <keepitsimple12@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is on it's module. I have a project with one parent pom, one jar pom
> module, and then one war pom module. What i do now is I cd into my parent
> pom dir, then I run deploy, then assembly a distribution package for users.
> But the deploy part automatically uploading the war files to our repo as
> well.
>
> Hum... so I would cd into the jar module and run deploy specifically? Would
> this deploy/upload the parent pom as well? If I do have another jar module
> add into it later, I would do that separately? I was thinking if I can
> filter just the war deploy upload on the parent pom is a better solution. I
> hope I am making myself clear.

Configure the deploy plugin in the war module pom to skip deployment:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/faq.html#skip

Then you can build from the parent module and it will not deploy the war.

If you want the assembly to happen as part of a normal build, take a
look at the 'attached' goal.  (I usually do assemblies in a separate
module, attaching it may not work if the assembly is part of the
parent pom.)

--
Wendy