maven-users mailing list archives

From Ben Lidgey <ben.lid...@inuknetworks.com>
Subject RE: Using spring How to share jpa applicationContext.xml file with main src and test source?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:09:30 GMT
By default src/main/resources should be made available on the test classpath, but _after_ the
src/test/resources (allowing you to override stuff for tests by putting it in the src/test/resources
directory so it is found first on the classpath). If you run mvn -X test you should be able
to find the test classpath and see if it contains src/test/resources and src/main/resources.

Apologies if this seems obvious, but I can't see what the problem would be! A simple way to
find out would be to write a JUnit test that looks for the applicationContext.xml file you
want on the classpath by doing something like

public class FindAppContextTest extends TestCase {
        public void testFindAppContext() {
                assertNotNull(MyTest.class.getResource("/applicationContext-jpa.xml"));
        }
}

That will allow you to re-run the test while you check the pom.xml, classpaths etc.

Ben

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that any use, dissemination, printing or copying of
this email is strictly prohibited.