maven-users mailing list archives

From "Wayne Fay" <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are we blocked by central Maven repo?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 16:11:15 GMT
IIRC Central is well over 10gb at this point (possibly 20gb) and a
given organization will really only use at the most 1gb of it, so
rsync'ing it is just a bad idea unless you are setting up an actual
external mirror that will be available to the community.

They are already using Artifactory, and I certainly hope/assume they
are caching the results. This would limit their use of Central to one
access per artifact (GAV) plus some hits by people not using their
Artifactory instance.

I would generally doubt they are actually blocked by Central, but
rather this is an intermittent failure that will eventually resolve
itself.

Wayne

2008/9/26 Beyer,Nathan <NBEYER@cerner.com>:
> It's possible that from the central repo's perspective, all traffic from your company
may seem like it's coming from one IP address because of NAT.

> Using an internal mirror can help alleviate things. The most non-invasive mirror would
be to rsync the central repo periodically and then modify internal DNS to point 'repo1.maven.org'
to an internal IP address. You can save a lot of bandwidth and time this way.