maven-users mailing list archives

From muddushafi <muddu_sh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Need help understanding maven file
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 19:28:58 GMT

Can anyone explain me why we use SCM in the project. And when we build a
project using maven(ECLIPSE) where does the .jar file is formed.
As I was executing this using maven:build, a Folder is formed in my internal
repositroy(.m2), with name atcc-common, But I cant see
atcc-common-security-1.3.4 in it.

How does maven figure out the dependency jars.i.e where do they lie, in  my
personal sytem, or is it located remotely.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <project>
    <extend>${basedir}/../project.xml</extend>
    <artifactId>atcc-common-security</artifactId>
    <!-- the version of maven's project object model -->
    <groupId>atcc-common</groupId>
    <pomVersion>3</pomVersion>
    <!-- a unique name for this project -->
    <id>atcc-common-security</id>
    <!-- a short but descriptive name for the project -->
    <name>ATCC Security</name>
    <!-- The version of the project under development, e.g.
       1.1, 1.2, 2.0-SNAPSHOT -->
    <currentVersion>1.3.4</currentVersion>
    <!-- details about the organization that 'owns' the project -->
    <organization>
        <name>Apache Software Foundation</name>
        <url>http://www.apache.org/</url>
        <logo>http://maven.apache.org/images/jakarta-logo-blue.gif</logo>
    </organization>
    <!-- the year the project started -->
    <inceptionYear>2005</inceptionYear>
    <package>org.atcc.common.security</package>
    <logo>http://maven.apache.org/images/maven.jpg</logo>
    <description>ATCC security classes.</description>
    <!-- a short description of what the project does -->
    <shortDescription>ATCC security classes.</shortDescription>
    <!-- the project home page -->
    <url>http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/examples/</url>

<issueTrackingUrl>http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab/servlet/scarab/</issueTrackingUrl>
    <siteAddress>jakarta.apache.org</siteAddress>

<siteDirectory>/www/maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/examples/</siteDirectory>

<distributionDirectory>/www/maven.apache.org/builds/</distributionDirectory>
    <!-- the version control repository and http url for online access
       the connection element has the form:
       scm:<system>:<system specific connection string> -->
    <repository>

<connection>scm:cvs:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic:maven-plugins/examples</connection>
        <url>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/maven-plugins/examples/</url>
    </repository>
    <!-- any mailing lists for the project -->
    <!-- who the developers are for the project -->
    <!-- jar files the project is dependent on -->
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>jboss</groupId>
            <artifactId>jbossall-client</artifactId>
            <version>3.2.3</version>
            <type>jar</type>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>jboss</groupId>
            <artifactId>jbosssx</artifactId>
            <version>3.2.5</version>
            <type>jar</type>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>rbums</groupId>
            <artifactId>rbums-client</artifactId>
            <version>1.2</version>
            <type>jar</type>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>springframework</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
            <version>2.0</version>
            <type>jar</type>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>
    <!-- build information for the project -->
    <build>
        <nagEmailAddress>ksheridan@atcc.org</nagEmailAddress>
        <sourceDirectory>src/java</sourceDirectory>
        <!--
    <unitTestSourceDirectory>src/test</unitTestSourceDirectory>
    <unitTest>
      <includes>
        <include>**/*Test.java</include>
      </includes>