maven-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Spacey" <Simon.Spa...@eumetsat.int>
Subject Re: Symlink in assembly
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:50:02 GMT
Yes, of course - hopefully in Java 7! A warning in the documentation would be handy!

Didn't try assembly:directory but surely it also needs to copy/recognise links so won't work
either, so only way I can see is to drop into OS or ant symlink.

I have an install script so simply changed it to build the links, so not a showstopper for
me.

Cheers
Simon

>>> "Brett Porter" <brett.porter@gmail.com> 20/08/2008 13:15 >>>
Because the code is in Java, it probably isn't possible to distinguish
symlinks from files.

One (albeit roundabout) alternative is to use assembly:directory, and
then exec tar to produce the assembly.

- Brett

2008/8/20 Simon Spacey <simon.spacey@eumetsat.int>:

> Hi
>
> I need to assemble a tar.gz artifact with directories containing some
> symbolic links.
> I'm using filesets in assembly 2.2-beta-2to copy the source directories, but
> the sym links are not replicated (as they would be if I used tar):
> If the symlink is resolvable then the link is resolved and copied.
> If the symlink is not resolvable then it's silently ignored.
>
> Is there a way to get the links replicated?
>
> Thanks,
> Simon
> --

Brett Porter