maven-users mailing list archives

From Rusty Wright <rusty.wri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven needs jdk (versus jre)
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 19:06:46 GMT
After fixing the eclipse jvm preference I decided to see what happens
when I remove the -vm stuff from my windows shortcut for starting
eclipse, and remove it from the eclipse.ini file.  Bad move, then maven
again complains when I start eclipse.

So I got pissed and decided to reinstall java.  Without the jre.  And
sure enough, the default installation is to install the jre so I
"unchecked" that and let it spin and now eclipse starts up and no
complaints from maven and the Run As Maven Test works as well.

Next test, removing the JAVA_HOME environment variable; environment
variables are so kludgy on windows...