maven-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Mutonho" <ejbeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: excluding some .properties files
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:15:20 GMT
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Stephen Connolly <
stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you tried using maven's default project layout?

Nope , but I've finally got it working.It seems just listing the files (as
shown below)I wish to excludes in successive <exclude> tags DOESN'T  work :

<webResources>
      <resource>
       <directory>src</directory>
       <excludes>
         <exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
         <exclude>log4j.properties</exclude>
         <exclude>manager.properties</exclude>
       </excludes>
       <includes>
        <include>messages_en.properties</include>
      </includes>
   </resource>
  </webResources>

BUT , a single <exclude> with all the file names separated by commas and
using the pattern matching string works.This is what I have and it works as
I wish it to.After re-reading the docs , it makes sense , but perhaps the
docs can be improved to explain this.

<warSourceExcludes>**/*.java,**/log4j.properties,**/manager.properties</warSourceExcludes>

"Don't take the name of root in vain."

Jeff Mutonho
Cape Town
South Africa