maven-users mailing list archives

From "Hayes, Peter" <Peter.Ha...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: Release plugin does not change version of plugin's dependency even though it is in reactor
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 01:15:01 GMT
Wendy wrote:
> Generally when I have plugins or tools that I use during the build, I
> release them separately and in advance of the project build.  (And,
> how often are the checkstyle rules going to change?)

Yes, this is probably the workaround I'd use.

> If you're going to leave this as a module in the build, you might try
> using ${project.version} as the <version>.

We originally had this but it caused a problem.  It seemed that the
${project.version} was resolved to the current executing project's
version instead of the version of the project that the plugin was
declared in.

>From your email, I guess this would not be a feature that you think
would be worth adding to the release plugin.

Thanks,

Peter