maven-users mailing list archives

From Tim Kettler <tim.kett...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: java.net.SocketException - need help in getting started
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 05:29:58 GMT
Hi,

googling hints that it's a bug in the java sdk on freebsd. There is a
similar bug report like yours for freebsd 6 posted for IDEA [1] which
says that IPv6 support in the jdk is the problem. This [2] is another
bug report of the same problem with the solution to set the JAVAVM_OPTS
like this:

   export JAVAVM_OPTS_java=-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"

And finally this bug was reported [3] on the freebsd-java list some time
ago.

Hope this helps
-Tim

[1] http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/IDEA-15976