maven-users mailing list archives

From "Niranjan Deshpande" <niranjan8...@gmail.com>
Subject problem using the buildnumber plugin with maven
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 08:08:16 GMT
Hi all

I am using the buildnumber plugin in my pom. details of the plugin are here
http://mojo.codehaus.org/buildnumber-maven-plugin/index.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg60497.html

I have configured the plugin under the
<build>
    <pluginManagement> tags
While taing the build i run this command:

*mvn buildnumber:create install*

The war file generated has name application_Name-Build-r2008-05-05.war
This name is a result of the finalName tag, in the POM:

*
<finalName>${project.artifactId}-${project.version}-r${buildNumber}</finalName>
*

But when I run

*mvn install*
**
war file that is added to the maven local repository is
application_Name-Build.war, without the timestamp.
This is recult of the version tag in the POM
<version>Build</version>
1.How do i make the intall task, aware of the plugin, and make it run only
after the plugin has been executed.
2. During war creation, build is tagged using the finalName element, but
during installation, its tagged using the version element.
I want it to be tagged using the finalName element in both cases. Is htere a
way to do so?

Please help me.