maven-users mailing list archives

From "simon.kitching@chello.at" <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: Specifying user in SCP URL with deploy plugin
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 13:11:35 GMT
Fabien Coppens schrieb:
> Hi.
> I'm trying to deploy a 3rd party jar file to my central repository using
> the deploy:deploy-file command.
> I haven't figured out how to format the URL (or other command parameter)
> so that I can specify what the user and password are.
> For some reason it keeps using my Windows username.
> I've tried something like
> -Durl=scp://user:password@myhost.com/maven/repository
> but it keeps asking me for a password for user
> <my_windows_username>@myhost.com.
> Any ideas ?
Try specifying a "repositoryId", eg
                -Durl=scp://myhost.com/maven/repository \
                -DrepositoryId=myrepo

And add a definition for that repositoryId in your ~/.m2/settings.xml file:
  <servers>
    <server>
      <id>myrepo</id>
      <username>myuser</username>
      <password>mypwd</password>
      <privateKey>/path/to/my/key</privateKey>
    </server>
  </servers>

That works for me..

Regards,