maven-users mailing list archives

From "Leonard Gestrin" <Leonard.Gest...@markettools.com>
Subject site generation fails if war plugin is defined with goal 'exploded' (cant override read-only parameter)
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 22:34:53 GMT
Hello,
I am running into problems generating site for project that has war
plugin using 'exploded' goal.

I searched the archives and it looks like other people had issues with
it over the last couple years, but I could not find solution for it.

The error is

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error configuring: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin.
Reason: ERROR: Cannot override
read-only parameter: classesDirectory in goal: war:exploded
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error
configuring: org.apache.maven.plugins:
maven-war-plugin. Reason: ERROR: Cannot override read-only parameter:
classesDirectory in goal: war:
exploded
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
LifecycleExecutor
.java:568)

Perhaps, this can be solved by defining profiles and each profile
defining different configuration for war plugin, but I was thinking
there is a simpler solution for it.

Thanks
Leonard