maven-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hughes" <ahhug...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Geoserver-devel] Embedding a customized geoserver/config via a Maven MOJO Plugin?
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 05:21:51 GMT
Well, I most certainly have found some good news!

I'll confirm this with some more testing...

If you have a maven <packaging>war</packaging> project with, a dependency on
a war (ie geoserver)... the geoserver war's contents are packed into the war
as well. This means if you wanted to customize your own... all you would
need to do would be to put your geoserver data in ./src/main/webapp/data/*

It would be especially easy if there was a classified version of geoserver
available in a maven repository (geoserver-1.6.3-nodata.war), which is easy
enough for me to knock up for testing... but I don't know how this effects
your release mechanism if you want to do it in your project?

Next, I will look at how to embed a jetty or tomcat to launch geoserver from
the command line.   mvn geoserver:start or something.