maven-users mailing list archives

From Farrukh Najmi <farr...@wellfleetsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Re-spinning a release via maven-release-plugin
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 20:38:18 GMT
Farrukh Najmi wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> Does maven-release-plugin easily support the re-spinning of a release.
> Re-spinning means that one makes a bug fix and then creates a new
> release using the same release # as the previous release.
> Also, the previous releases tag is reused to tag the latest bits.
>
> I feel this is a valid use case when a release was cut and perhaps
> even deployed but not announced and a bug is found during testing of
> the release.
>
> TIA for your guidance on how best to meet this use case.

 From what I have gathered thus far the right way to do this is to user
the release:rollback roll. This revert the pom version back to what they
were. It does not seem to remove the tag but I see there is an issue
filed on that. I think One can then do the respin using release:prepare
goal which would retag the tree using the previous tag. Finally a respin
of release:perform goal would re-deploy the artifacts to the server.

I will try this out. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi