maven-users mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: API to figure out the exact URL of a deployed artifact?
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:34:58 GMT
I see, you don't want it in the local repo. You'll probably have to look
at the resolver code and replicate a large part of it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Tran [mailto:dantran@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 12:16 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: API to figure out the exact URL of a deployed artifact?

Brian, the dependency plugin works, but there are a few issues that I
need to address for my client:

  1.  I am dealing with large artifacts ( order of 100M like installer
), download this type of snappshot artifacts thru dependency
       will consume large amount diskspace over time.  But this can be
resolved via another plugin ( not yet develop ) to purge
       the artifact location in local repo.

  2.  Even if issue in one can be resolved in another plugin, my user
will need to configure bunch of configurations in the pom
       dependency, maven-dependency-plugin, purge plugin, and my
plugin.  Now if can achieve what I need in initial email
       then they only need to configure my plugin alone, which is much
nicer.

any how, I you know away to get the direct URL please let me know

Thanks for the inputs.

-D

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Dan Tran <dantran@gmail.com> wrote:
> to use dependency plugin, user have to declare the artifact as
>  dependency.  for my case, I would like to
>  allow user to pass them  in as -D properties
>
>  do you think we can overwrite the dependency value as properties?
any