maven-users mailing list archives

From <Alessandro.Evangeli...@sungard.com>
Subject POM variables not expanded in resulting poms
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:17:20 GMT
I am trying to set the version of my projects using a property defined
on the maven command line. Please see below for examples.

The resulting .pom installed in the repository still contains the
reference to my variable 'productVersion'.

Should not the variable reference be expanded to its value?

Many thanks

Alessandro

[ sample command line option ]

mvn -DproductVersion=TEST install

[ sample pom ]

<project xmlns=http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0

  <artifactId>com.sungard.common.utils</artifactId>

    <packaging>jar</packaging>

    <version>${productVersion}</version>

  <name>SunGard Common Utils</name>

[ resulting pom installed in the repository as
com.sungard.common.utils-TEST.pom ]

<project xmlns=http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0

  <artifactId>com.sungard.common.utils</artifactId>

    <packaging>jar</packaging>

    <version>${productVersion}</version>    <------------------- NOT
EXPANDED !!!!

  <name>SunGard Common Utils</name>