maven-users mailing list archives

From Michael Smith <michaelmaill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to keep manage resources that are outside of jars
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 18:18:18 GMT

aldana wrote:

> you should have a look at the assembly plugin
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/. there you can
> decide what to place next to your jar. for an example have a look at
> http://www.jfrog.org/viewvc/dep-analyzer/trunk/viewer/src/main/assembly/assembly.xml?view=markup.

Thanks for the link.  This is what I'm trying to do but the problem is I
don't know how to get the resources for the jars that I use.

For example if I have a project "common" that has a database.properties, and
then I have a project for my application, I need common's
database.properties in the application's assembly.

Is there an easy way to do that?  If not I can just put paths to the files
in the assembly descriptor, like this:

       <fileSet>
            <directory>../common/src/main/config</directory>
            <outputDirectory>config</outputDirectory>
        </fileSet>

-Michael