maven-users mailing list archives

From "Samuel Le Berrigaud" <samuel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: upgrade from maven 1 to maven 2
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:32:56 GMT
Hi again,

I personally don't know any plugin that would take your maven.xml and insert
it into the maven 2 lifecycle. There is no notion of lifecycle in maven1,
just goals. I guess implementing such plugin could be possible but
definitely not trivial.

Indeed the xslt plugin doesn't give much details about its support. You
would probably need to get some work done on the existing one or write your
own. I don't see that being a huge amount of work. But it would still be
some work…

Regarding the project on which you depend, your best bet is still to have it
as a dependency for your project. Even if it is not maven2, you could
probably get this other project team to deploy it to an internal maven2
repository or do it your self manually when they release it. Some other
plugins will allow you to filter the files as you extract them. And as Simon
said you still have the maven-antrun-plugin:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/

I am sorry I cannot be more helpful here,
maybe someone else has another experience with migrating maven.xml scripts?

SaM

PS: I don't know what happened to the page you reference in your first mail
(http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-m1-m2.html). Maybe a maven
developer could help here?