maven-users mailing list archives

From "Samuel Le Berrigaud" <samuel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: upgrade from maven 1 to maven 2
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 09:57:02 GMT
Hi David,

You don't to implement your whole maven.xml into one maven2 plugin. Instead
you should decompose what you do in your maven.xml and find out the existing
maven 2 plugins that would enable those different tasks.

For example, if I take your two examples below:
- copying resources of another project:
I would make that project a dependency of your web application and that
would be sufficient to add those on your classpath.
If you need them outside the classpath, I would probably use the maven
dependency plugin: http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/
using the unpack goal, it will unpack the jar wherever you need to. I would
attach that to the "process-resources" phase of you war module.

- xslt transformation
that should be fairly easy using the XSLT plugin:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/xslt-maven-plugin/
attaching it to the same "process-resources" phase.

Hope this all make sense. I strongly advise researching existing plugins
before writing your own. All the configuration will go in your pom.xml so as
with the maven.xml you can update those rules easily.

SaM