maven-users mailing list archives

From "Wayne Fay" <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem providing project version via system property
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 21:38:28 GMT
You should be using the release plugin which will rewrite the
<version> tag along with SNAPSHOTs until you are ready for a final
release etc.

As you've discovered, the ${final.version} thing is a bad idea and
doesn't really work. If you check the archives, you'll see similar
posts from other people who have tried this before and eventually ran
into problems, and the advice given to them is also "use release
plugin".

Wayne