maven-users mailing list archives

From VUB Stefan Seidel <ssei...@vub.de>
Subject Re: jspc precompile
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 13:58:38 GMT

Dooing@gmx.de wrote:
>> Is there a way to just
>> precompile the jsps to know if they'll be working / to redeploy them on tomcat
>> server, without restarting the server?
>> Yes, with "mvn jspc:compile".
> :-(
>
> This says:
>
> Embedded error: The -uriroot option must specify a pre-existing directory
>
> I've read somewhere I had to change the jsp spec and servlet spec jars from runtime to
compile time. Could that be it?

Sounds a bit like the settings for the plugin are not read from the
pom.xml when you run the goal specifically from the CLI.
You can play around with the scopes, maybe there is a solution, but I
think this is more a bug in maven, something like
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-472

Stefan

--
best regards,