maven-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>
Subject Re: upgrade from maven 1 to maven 2
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:04:00 GMT
I'll try to find out solution, i began with one of our simplest project,
it's made of several subprojects (using multproject maven 1 goal), but
they have no custom maven.xml (should be the easiest to convert). But i
don't get how to get the equivalent of

<extend>../project.xml</extend>

I tried
<parent><relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath></parent>

But with i try a mvn jar, it complains the groupId of the parent tag is
not defined. That a problem because i need the groupId and the version
to be inherited from the parent. How should i do it?
The online doc is of no help. It says

> Alternatively, if we want the groupId and / or the version of your
> modules to be the same as their parents, you can remove the groupId
> and / or the version identity of your module in its POM.
>
> <project>
>   <parent>
>     <groupId>com.mycompany.app</groupId>
>     <artifactId>my-app</artifactId>
>     <version>1</version>
>   </parent>
>   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>   <artifactId>my-module</artifactId>
> </project>

As you see in xml fragment given, they did *not* remove the groupId and
versionId? Is it possible to inherit groupId and versionId or will i
have to manually maintain all those ids in each release?

Sorry to bother you with basic question :)

En l'instant précis du 04/03/08 11:32, Samuel Le Berrigaud s'exprimait
en ces termes: