maven-users mailing list archives

From VUB Stefan Seidel <ssei...@vub.de>
Subject Re: jspc precompile
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:28:03 GMT

Dooing@gmx.de wrote:

>> There must be some option to alter the default path, right??
>> You saw the text in jspc maven plugin doc:

>> There you can set the path
>
> Nope, I don't think that's it. There you can only define were the jspweb.xml should be
put. I would need to be able to define a custom path for the webapp folder.

Ok, that wasn't it. I did a short test with one of my WARs and found the
solution (I think). I renamed my webapp folder to webappx and checked
what I needed to do in order to get it working again. Very helpful was
the output from

mvn help:describe -Dplugin=org.codehaus.mojo:jspc-maven-plugin -Dfull

which pointed me to the options for this plugin.

So what you already should have is in the maven-war-plugin:
- <webappDirectory>: to you webapp-dir with the JSP files
- <webXml>${basedir}/target/jspweb.xml</webXml> so it would use the
output from jspc

and for the jspc plugin:
- <warSourceDirectory>: same as webAppDirectory above
- <inputWebXml>src/war/WEB-INF/web.xml</inputWebXml> pointing to your
source web.xml

That should work. If the jspc plugin cannot resolve URIs for TLDs, you
will need to add the dependencies pointing to the JAR files containing
the TLDs to the declaration of the plugin:

       <plugin>
         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
         <artifactId>jspc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
         <dependencies>
           <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
             <artifactId>struts-taglib</artifactId>
             <version>[1.0,)</version>
           </dependency>
         </dependencies>

(group and artifact id are just guessed, you'll need to find out more
maybe).

Hope that helps,

Stefan

--