maven-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>
Subject Re: upgrade from maven 1 to maven 2
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:11:22 GMT
Hello,

i was hopping there was some way to take my pack of maven.xml preGoal
rule and just relocate them somewhere where maven2 would use them. You
suggestion will not work. For our XSLT transform, we need to pass
parameters to the xslt transform engine (for that we use saxon
transformer with some specific transformation parameters), i don't see
such equivalent in what you pointed me to nor is there information about
version of xslt supported (1,2? we need 2).

For the dependency plugin we have to investigate, but if that mean we
need to upgrade included project to maven 2 also, that's a no go. That
project i have no write access to and we don't plan maven 2 for it, we
just currently, in our build process, download it along our main
project, and retrieve some files from it (files we patch on the fly
using <ant:replace /> rules btw). We don't even build it, we only need
it's webapp (jsp/pictures/html/config) files integrated in our app.

So, if we could keep our current build process rules (maven.xml), and
just somehow move them in a plugin that would be lot's easier. Some of
the jelly rules took time to implement, we don't have the time to
recreate all them. Isn't it possible to take the maven.xml and put it in
a project.jelly or it's maven2 equivalent?

I need some direction on how to easily convert from maven1 to maven2,
related to maven.xml, but all link related to that in maven site seem
dead (see my first mail)

En l'instant précis du 04/03/08 10:57, Samuel Le Berrigaud s'exprimait
en ces termes: