maven-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>
Subject upgrade from maven 1 to maven 2
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 09:39:02 GMT
Hello,

we have a few project here using maven 1. They become difficult to
maintain when it come to using new plugins that are not available for
maven 1. So we thought it might be time to switch to maven 2. Question
is, considering about all projects are using preGoal/postGoal and
personalized rules in maven.xml, what should i do with them? I read
there is no equivalent of maven.xml, i need to use a plugin. Can I sort
of embbed that plugin with the project that use it, or do i need to
create a separate plugin project for each of our maven.xml, compile and
deploy those plugin change everytime before compiling the main project
(with maven 1, changes to maven.xml were immediate)? Also if someone can
point me to documentation about converting that maven.xml to a plugin,
it'll be great. Documentation here
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-m1-m2.html , section "what to
do with maven.xml" point to error page (the pages seems to have been
removed from maven site :( )

example of such task of maven.xml here is, we have a project X that is a
webapp. In a subdirectory of that webapp we need to copy all ressources
of another project Y, and we need to merge the struts and web.xml
configs (we use a xslt processor for that). Am not sure how easy that
can be transfered to a plugin...

--
David Delbecq
Institut Royal Météorologique