maven-users mailing list archives

From Shakun Gupta <sha...@customerxps.com>
Subject Re: How to specify local dependency in maven2
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 08:58:40 GMT
Hi Dipankar,

You can not add jars from any local directory to maven. But, if the jars
exist at some path like <some-path>/abc/jars
Then you have to add a private repository in pom.xml as
    <repositories>
        <repository>
            <layout>legacy</layout>
            <id>AbcRepository</id>
            <name>AbcRepository</name>
            <url>file:///<some-path></url>
        </repository>
    </repositories>

and give the dependencies as
        <dependency>
            <groupId>abc</groupId>
            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
            <version>4.4</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

Basically, if you give layout as "legacy" then it will search for the
pom at the location repositry-url/$groupId/pom/$artifactId-$version.pom
and will search for the jar at the location
repositry-url/$groupId/jars/$artifactId-$version.jar

So, in your case you can use the following two approcahes :
1.  you move your jars from library C:\lib to some directory say
C:\abc\jars and use the above snippets
2.  write a script which will create the folder structure
$groupId/$atrifactId/$version and copy the jars in this directory, then
you can use the approach the Samuel has suggested.
I will suggest to use the second approach.

But, the best approach is to use the maven repositories and with the
m2eclipse plugin, you just have to type the name of the jar, it will
automatically give you a list of all the matching jars, then you select
which version to use and it will automatically modify the pom.xml

Regards,
Shakun