maven-users mailing list archives

From "Singh, Manish" <msi...@citistreetonline.com>
Subject Problem providing project version via system property
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 20:48:55 GMT
Problem definition:
I have projects A,B,C,D,E
A,B and C are packaged together for application Y
A, D and E are packaged together for application Z

There is a parent project, Y defined whose pom includes A,B and C as
modules.
Thus A,B and C all point to Y as parent.

Similarly there is a parent project, Z defined whose pom includes A, D
and E as modules.
Now D and E both point to Z as parent, but A as mention above is
pointing to Y as parent.

When I do builds for parent projects Y or Z, everything builds fine.
But when I try doing the build for just D or E it fails complaining
about could not download artifact for G:Y:jar:${final.version} (trust
me, I have the system property defined)

A,B,C,D and E all belong to same GroupId G.

Project version in all my poms looks something like this,
<version>${final.version}</version>
Build done is fine with this system provided property but the installed
poms in local repository also keep this string as is and does not
replace actual version before creating those pom files in local
repository when I run mvn install.

I think my problem would be resolved if those poms had actual version
numbers in them.

Does anyone know why the installed pom does not get actual version
number and how to fix it?
Or any other solution to my problem above?

Thanks,
Manish

Z--|
    |--A