maven-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Papapara Tudu <papaparat...@poczta.onet.pl>
Subject Re: Problem with snapshots
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:34:38 GMT

I have identified some more things in my confiaguration, maybe someone will
have any other ideas as to what could be wrong?

1. When I deploy my snapshot onto my local repository with this command:

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=Project.jar -DgroupId=com.company.project
-DartifactId=project -Dversion=2.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-DgeneratePom=true

what happens is that the project-2.2-SNAPSHOT.jar gets overwritten with the
new file and then as before, this file is used for the compiled war.

2. I also run automated builds on the same machine where I have the archiva
repository. What is strange there is that it always picks up the most recent 
version of the snapshot for the compiled version. So for some reason my
problem only occurs on local builds, and not on the continuous integration
build on my build machine.

Could that be because there's a difference in the metadata xmls between my
internal repo and the local repo?
This is my maven-metadata-local.xml file from the
com/company/project/project folder:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 
 <metadata>
  <groupId>com.company.project</groupId> 
  <artifactId>project</artifactId> 
  <version>2.2-SNAPSHOT</version> 
 <versioning>
 <versions>
  <version>2.2-SNAPSHOT</version> 
  </versions>
  <lastUpdated>20080312101739</lastUpdated> 
  </versioning>
  </metadata>

And this is the one from my Archiva repo:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 
 <metadata>
  <groupId>com.company.project</groupId> 
  <artifactId>project</artifactId> 
 <versioning>
  <latest>2.2-SNAPSHOT</latest> 
 <versions>
  <version>2.2-SNAPSHOT</version> 
  </versions>
  </versioning>
  </metadata>


Now these are the respective files from the
com/company/project/project/2.2-SNAPSHOT folder:
1. local repository:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 
 <metadata>
  <groupId>com.company.project</groupId> 
  <artifactId>project</artifactId> 
  <version>2.2-SNAPSHOT</version> 
 <versioning>
 <snapshot>
  <localCopy>true</localCopy> 
  </snapshot>
  <lastUpdated>20080312101739</lastUpdated> 
  </versioning>
  </metadata>

2. archiva:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<metadata>
  <groupId>com.company.project</groupId>
  <artifactId>project</artifactId>
  <version>2.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <versioning>
    <snapshot>
      <buildNumber>19</buildNumber>
      <timestamp>20080311.132319</timestamp>
    </snapshot>
    <lastUpdated>20080311132319</lastUpdated>
  </versioning>
</metadata>
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Problem-with-snapshots-tp15709789s177p16001438.html
Sent from the Maven - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@maven.apache.org


Mime
View raw message