maven-users mailing list archives

From gotama <lists...@bgb.net>
Subject Re: How to deploy ears to application instead of repository?
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 22:17:54 GMT

Actually, Cargo seems broken, at least for JBoss. Has anyone actually remote
deployed to JBoss4x successfully with Cargo?

What I have read and tried is that:

1) remote stop/start does not work; mvn cargo:start gives me "only local
containers can be started",

2) remote deploying to JBoss appears to have a bug:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CARGO-416
http://www.nabble.com/JBoss-Remote-Deployment-workaround-for-HTTP-500-error-td10079769s177.html

So what does this give me? You need to have the war file present on the
remote system in order to hot deploy it - which ends up deployed in a tmp
directory and gone after a jboss restart anyway. And without
starting/stopping remotely, Cargo gives me/anyone nothing... no remote file
copy, no remote jboss start/stop, no persistent war deployments...

Am I missing something or is Cargo broken software?

Thanks.