maven-users mailing list archives

From lanchez <apache_supp...@purpleblade.net>
Subject A new error message - never before seen
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 03:52:59 GMT

I decided to get started with this ActiveMQ (JMS) thing and created a simple
POM with one dependency.

 <dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
     <artifactId>activemq-core</artifactId>
     <version>5.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
     <scope>deploy</scope>
 </dependency>

now when I do:
  $mvn install

I get the following error message (see below)

I have the following rep in the POM xml file and checked out the dir
structure.

        <repository>
            <id>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</id>
            <name>Apache Repository for Maven2</name>
            <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/</url>
            <layout>default</layout>
        </repository>

This should work.

Error Message
---
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.activemq:activemq-core

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.activemq:activemq-core' from the
repository: Unable to store local copy of metadata: Error
  org.apache.activemq:activemq-core:pom:5.1-SNAPSHOT

 for project org.apache.activemq:activemq-core

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Feb 29 20:51:50 MST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/7M
[INFO]