maven-users mailing list archives

From Mikolaj Radwan <mikolaj.rad...@coconet.pl>
Subject maven-clean-plugin does not exist or no correct version can be found
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:54:09 GMT
Hi,

We have a problem with artifact resolution in maven. We use our own
artifact repositories, that are set as proxies. Those repositories are
sometimes down and when we try to build anything then, the build fails
with the following error:

[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin: checking
for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin'
could not be retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
<< Same warnings for other repos >>
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin' does not exist or no valid
version could be found

When the repos are up again, the problem remains. When I look into
.m2/repository/org/apache/.../maven-clean-plugin I see that there are metadata
files containing empty version info. Only when we delete those files, the artifacts get
updated and the build works again.

I tried to reproduce this error and found out, that the problem does not occur when the
proxies in settings.xml are set to non-existant hosts, but it does when they
are set to hosts that are down (but resolvable).

Has any of you encountered a similar problem? Is there any solution for that, other
then removing all metadata files?

Cheers,
Mikolaj