maven-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out problem
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 20:26:14 GMT
Right, this is not a maven thing.  JBoss didn't start.  Simply put
JBoss doesn't do embedded testing like OpenEJB does, they require a
lot more setup and configuration to get going.  There are a lot of
JBoss (or Glassfish, etc.) users who use OpenEJB for their build time
testing as it's a lot simpler and faster and the tests ultimately
aren't vendor specific anyway.  One of the benefits of developing
against an open standard, you can use the best tool for the specific
job.

-David