maven-users mailing list archives

From <nickl...@planet.nl>
Subject RE: apt-get repository
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:15:55 GMT
Maybe you can use Eclipse (m2eclipse [1]) or Netbeans(mevenide [2]) with their maven plugin.
Those plugins index the central repository and allow you to search and add dependencies.

[1] http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org
[2] http://mevenide.codehaus.org

Hth,

Nick S.

-----Original Message-----
From: neo anderson [mailto:javadeveloper999@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Fri 3/28/2008 10:58
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: apt-get repository

I have one question. Does any maven command or plugin support serach and add
dependency automatically (a bit like Debian apt-get)? For instance, I use
archetype to create an ejb project. Then I want to use jboss as my ejb
container. So I need to add a lot of dependencies. Is there any command or
plugin like 'mvn dependency:search-jboss'/ 'mvn dependency:add-jboss'
enabling mvn to automatically accomplish the dependencies section? Though
those dependencies can be added manually by editing the pom.xml, it is a bit
tedious step and easily to mistype the wrong characters. Or is there any
better way to accomplish such task?

Thank you very much,