maven-users mailing list archives

From "simon.kitching@chello.at" <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: Maven Concepts
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 07:52:53 GMT
Hi Amit,

Firstly, when you have a question that is not really related to an
existing thread, then please start a new email thread rather than
replying to the existing one. By doing that, and choosing a good subject
line for the email, other people with the same problem can later search
the email archives and find the necessary answer.

AFAIK, there's no major problem having release and snapshot versions in
the same repository.

This doesn't happen often with open-source projects because (a) all
releases get put into the official repositories (ibiblio,
rep1.maven.org) that are mirrored arround the world, and (b) mirroring
snapshots is silly. So for apache software for example, there is a
non-mirrored repo that only holds snapshots, with all actual releases
going to the mirrored repos.

But for a company that doesn't mirror its releases, I'm not aware of any
reason why snapshots and releases cannot be on the same repo.

Your problem is probably that you have the <repository> tag that points
to your repo configured with snapshot-lookup disabled. Try adding this
to the repository tag:
  <snapshots>
   <enabled>true</enabled>
  </snapshots>