maven-users mailing list archives

From "Allen, Daniel" <Daniel.Al...@kbcfp.com>
Subject [m2] Filtering web.xml?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 23:32:01 GMT
I'm building a web application (packaging WAR), and I need to run the
web.xml file through a filter to set certain configutation values. I
tried adding it to a <resource> tag, but that causes Maven to make a
copy of it and put it in WEB-INF/classes subdirectory with all of the
rest of the resources. I tried setting <targetPath> to WEB-INF, but then
Maven creates WEB-INF/classes/WEB-INF, and puts it in the deeper of the
two. I expect that this is because the phase where the the <resources>
tag is processed is before the phase where the WAR file (and thus the
WEB-INF directory I wish to target) is created. I'm guessing the
generate-sources and package phases, respectively?

So, how can I get maven to filter web.xml, but still put it where it
needs to go in the WAR structure?

Thanks in advance,
~DVA

--
This message may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information. No
confidentiality or privilege is waived by any transmission to an unintended recipient. If

This message does not create any obligation, contractual or otherwise, on the part of KBC
FP. It is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) of, or a recommendation to buy or sell,
any financial product. Any prices or other values included in this message are indicative
only, and do not necessarily represent current market prices, prices at which KBC FP would
enter into a transaction, or prices at which similar transactions may be carried on KBC FP's
own books. The information contained in this message is provided "as is", without representations
or warranties, express or implied, of any kind. Past performance is not indicative of future
returns.