maven-users mailing list archives

From Salman Moghal <smog...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: maven-eclipse-plugin 2.4 & versioned project
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:37:21 GMT

From: Siarhei Dudzin <siarhei.dudzin@gmail.com>
To: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:01:44 AM
Subject: Re: maven-eclipse-plugin 2.4 & versioned project

and
realized
that

there
is
potentially
problem
with

org.apache.maven.plugin.eclipse.writers.wtp.EclipseWtpComponentWriterclass

(line
125),
IMHO:

writer.addAttribute(
ATTR_DEPLOY_NAME,

config.getProject().getArtifactId()
);

It
seems
like
the
code
above
assumes
deploy-name
cannot
contain
version

numbers,
project
name
templates
etc.
It
would
be
great
if
the
code
could

follow
similar
structured
approach
for
setting/getting
the
project
name
as

in
org.apache.maven.plugin.eclipse.writers.EclipseProjectWriter
(line

169),

which
generates
.project
file:

writer.writeText(
config.getEclipseProjectName()
);

Here
the
project
name
is
set
during
configuration/dependancy
resolution

phase
by
org.apache.maven.plugin.eclipse.EclipsePlugin
and
later
used
by

the

EclipseProjectWriter
class.

So
I'm
curious
if
this
issue
could
be
resolved
by
simply
using

getEclipseProjectName()
method
in

org.apache.maven.plugin.eclipse.writers.wtp.EclipseWtpComponentWriterclass:

writer.addAttribute(
ATTR_DEPLOY_NAME,
config.getEclipseProjectName()

);