maven-users mailing list archives

From Salman Moghal <smog...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: maven-eclipse-plugin 2.4 & versioned projec
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:10:54 GMT

if
your
version
changes
-
you
have
problem.

Well as far as I have seen, the artificat-id is only buried in the WTP resources.  More specifically,
.settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component.  This file essentially contains the runtime deployment
details for the RAD projects.  Additionally, the file used by RAD when exporting an EAR, for
example, and, as in our case, when deploying EAR to WebSphere Unit Test environment from within
RAD in loose-config mode.  That's when RAD creates WORKSPACE/.metadata/.plugins/com.ibm.etools.wrd.websphere/looseconfigurations/<EAR_NAME>/looseconfig.xmi
that in turns contains references to the physical location of class files.  And this is when
everything gets screwed up.. because looseconfig.xmi is generated based on .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component.

I had been thinking about doing exactly as you suggested, to manipulate .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component
once the WTP resources have been generated.  But because of lack of Maven 2 knowledge, couldn't
find any way to execute arbitrary platform-specific (.bat for indows and .sh for *nix) scripts
from maven-eclipse-plugin.

Looking at the code, I see that there is a slight problem.. The right way to fix it would
be to change the code.  I hope that the issue will be addressed in the new 2.5 plugin.

> It's
likely
you
will
run
into
many
more
issues.
know
which
ones
you
can
> see
at
all
the
closed
issues
that
are
scheduled
for
2.5
release.
can
tell
> you
in
advance
-
if
you
use
webservices
you
will
have
problem.

> It's
really
easier
just
use
2.5-SNAPSHOT
(unless
you
use
release
plugin).

Thanks for the heads up.  Luckily, we don't have Web Services.. yet!  But we do intend to
implement that.  By then I'm hoping that maven-eclipse-plugin 2.5 plugin will be released.

Will speak with our maven team to see if we can use the snapshot code.

Regards
Salman Moghal