maven-users mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best practices for seperate releases of parent and modules
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:39:33 GMT
On Jan 21, 2008 11:00 AM,  <nicklist@planet.nl> wrote:

> But when you release the parent, do you also release all the submodules or do you run
mvn with non-recursive?

If the parent hasn't changed (in other words, if it hasn't a SNAPSHOT
version), then I am happy to release the submodules only. To be
honest, that "if" requires a certain degree of cautiousness. My
recommended approach to resolve that is to provide read-only access to
the parent for most developers except a few selected.

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)